What is a Medicare Advantage Plan?
Medicare Advantage is a network plan which is paid by the federal government and covers for private health coverage. This plan helps senior citizens above 65 years of age and those with some disabilities with fulfilling medical expenses. This plan is also referred to as Medicare Part C Plan.
This plan helps the insurer to meet every healthcare need that is rising consistently each year. The insurer has to however evaluate the Medicare advantage plan as the private insurance provides offer different benefits and coverage which are not the same.
Advantages Of Medicare advantage Plans in Indiana
There are many advantages that the Medicare Advantage Plan has compared to the traditional insurance plans. Some of them are enumerated as under:-
1) This plan provides the best benefit of first dollar coverage wherein there are no deductibles unlike the other conservative original plans. This way the out of pocket expenses to be borne by the insurer is one of the least when compared to other Medicare plans.
2) The plan provides coverage for screening, tests, vaccines and other regular diagnostics that are necessary.
3) The plan has lowest premium for the benefits it provides for the varied coverage that it provides to the insurer.
4) The plan covers aspects such as skilled nursing charges, hospitalization, copayments for doctor’s visits which other plans do not cover.
5) Some of the plans provide coverage for vision check-up and dental treatments which help many insurers save heavily on medical expenses.
6) The plan provides convenience of getting checked at a network hospital that is closest to the place of residence of the insurer which is a great benefit which cannot be obtained in any other plan.
7) The plan also provides drugs coverage which provides very good advantage of lowering monthly medical expenses for the insurer.